We’ve all done it, and we’ve all seen other guitar players do it – make a funny face when we’re really feeling a groove or rocking a solo. It’s a form of expression and to many of us, it just comes naturally, we can’t help it. Although from time to time, someone snags a picture of a guitar player making an expression you just can’t help but smile at. If you’re a guitar player reading this, you’ve most likely made one of these funny guitar faces yourself. Check out the list below of 23 hilarious guitar faces made by legendary guitarists and bassists (because they make some pretty awesome faces too).
- The “Rollercoaster drop” – Artist: Stevie Ray Vaughan
- The “Coochy coo” face – Artist: John Mayer
- The “I’m on a roll!” face – B.B King
- The “Whoa did I do that?” face – Artist: Geddy Lee
- The “I can’t believe you’ve done this” face – Artist: Steve Vai
- The “This bathroom smells” face – Artist: Slash
- The “Deep in thought” face – Artist: David Gilmour
- The “I stubbed my toe” face – Artist: Santana
- The “Surprise birthday party reaction” face – Artist: Este Haim
- The “Woopsie daisy” face – Artist: Prince
- The “Beaver tooth” face – Artist: Jimmy Page
- The “Last night was crazy” face – Artist: Joe Walsh
- The “Breakdown” face – Artist: Alex Lifeson
- The “I’m a badass” face – Artist: Jimi Hendrix
- The “Class clown” face – Artist: Brian Jones
- The “Blowing in the wind” face – Artist: Keith Richards
- The “Ooou Ahhh” face – Artist: Joe Satriani
- The “Heavy Deadlift” face – Artist: Bruce Springsteen
- The “Drop the bass” face – Artist: Unknown
- The “You’re in trouble” face – Artist: John Frusciante
- The “Scrunchy” face – Artist: Gary Moore
- The “Holding back a tear” face – Artist: Buddy Guy
- The “Crazy eyes” face – Artist: Devin Townsend
Bonus Guitar Faces Collection
Through looking for the awesome guitar faces in this post, I came across a collection of images that have been let’s say… slightly altered, to replace the guitarists’ guitar with a snail. Don’t ask me why the creator chose to pick a snail as the replacement but it’s actually pretty funny. Here’s a preview.
Check out the full snail gallery here.
Hopefully, this list of funny guitar faces made you laugh. If you’re a guitar player, you’ve almost certainly made one of these funny faces yourself. It’s all about expression and really “feeling the music”. It certainly isn’t a bad thing or something that you should try to hide. I would actually encourage you to be as expressive as you’d like, most times being expressive physically will result in much more feeling and expression in the music you’re playing.
If you have a guitar player friend that makes one of these faces, share this post with them. Comment below which face is your favorite!
- Funniest List of Best Guitar Jokes and Puns
- 12 Guitar Memes All Guitarists Can Relate To
- 10 Signs You Love Playing Guitar Way Too Much [with Gifs]